Dating Dynamics Help and Support
I have a free email account with Yahoo or Hotmail...
If you're using a "free" email account (like Hotmail or Yahoo!® Mail) it's time to reconsider.
Here are six important reasons why:
1. SPAM. If you have a free email account, you'll either get a ton of it, or you'll be considered a suspicious address which MIGHT be sending it to others.
2. It's more and more likely that online merchants will refuse your order. The reason? Too much fraud is associated with these free accounts; the vast majority, in fact. So some merchants simply refuse to accept orders that originate from them.
3. You'll lose your account if you don't use it within a certain time. Sure, that's not a big deal if you use it only for casual, occasional contacts. But it's crucial if you've used it to register at Web sites, for example. If there are problems with your account and your address is expired, you're out of luck.
4. It's next to impossible to get an email address that's easily useable, let alone memorable. There are just too many variations in circulation.
5. Many free email providers charge extra for POP access to your mail. This extra charge is often more than what it costs to get a domain and email account from us for a year. Our accounts all come with POP and Webmail access as part of each package.
6. The adage that "there's no such thing as a free lunch" is true of these email accounts, too. Every free email you send could include advertising insertions, for instance. Do you really want to be advertising an email provider's promotions when you're applying for a job, or registering a complaint, or communicating with friends?
So, if you're relying on a free email account, it's time to reconsider your options and get a quality email provider.